USNIC Expands Focus on Promoting New Nuclear through U.S. Government Deployment
of Micro and Small Modular Reactors
Washington, DC – The United States Nuclear Industry Council (USNIC) announced today that it is expanding its focus within the U.S. government to support the nuclear industry’s intergovernmental coordination for deployment of micro and small modular nuclear reactors. “Our goal is to assist industry at all levels within the government to meet the current and anticipated demands for advanced nuclear technology. We are initially concentrating our efforts within the Department of Defense (DoD), although we are not limiting our focus exclusively there,” said C.H. “Bud” Albright, Chairman,President and CEO of USNIC.
“As the benefits of advanced nuclear technology become abundantly clear, the need increases to assist industry and the government in deployment of smaller and safer means of generating electricity. Among the first-movers in government toward this goal is the Department of Defense where recognition of the need to deploy advanced technology for security purposes, and for the benefits of zero emission generation of electricity, is becoming clear. Advanced Nuclear Technology aids in making DoD’s domestic infrastructure more resilient to an attack on the electricity grid. Moreover, these reactors enhance the ability to respond quickly with delivery of electricity for forward operations, and to avoid system outages, without increasing carbon emissions,” Albright continued.
GOVBRIEF – INDUSTRY BRIEFING
The $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment Jobs Act that President Joe Biden signed on November 15th, 2021 adds 2 million jobs per year for the next 10 years, providing small business the opportunities to partner with State Government in securing infrastructure contracts.
It is important to stay ahead of the game and be ready to participate as a Prime or Sub Contractor when the money flows to States for: Rebuilding America’s ports, airports, rails, and roads, expanding access to clean drinking water, providing Americans with high-speed internet access, tackling the climate crises, advancing environmental justice, and supporting disadvantaged communities.
SELLING TO THE GOVERNMENT
The Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium is a business development conference created by successful Veteran business owners for Veterans who are looking to enter the Federal marketplace.
VETS22 brings together Federal agencies, contractors and Veterans to discuss ways to take full advantage of the federally mandated contracting for veteran-owned small businesses.
VETS22 will feature educational sessions, one on one business matching, over 100 exhibitors with federal agencies, prime contractors, and small businesses, with plenty of networking opportunities to help grow your business.
First Responders’ Bridge Retreat: July 15-17, 2022
Thank you for your interest in attending our First Responders’ Bridge Retreat, which will be held July 15 – 17, 2022.
Click here to view retreat agenda.
Please note that registration for this retreat is for first-time attendees. If you have attended a previous retreat, we will be having a follow-up retreat that you will receive a private invitation to.
NOTE: When you register for your hotel room, if it says that “all rooms are full for our group”, please call the Hotel Rooms Manager directly- Michael McCann- 614- 336- 4720. Make sure you tell him you are with the “First Responders’ Bridge group” so they will add you to our account so you will not have to pay for your lodging. After you receive your confirmation number add it to your registration form below. If you have already completed your registration form, please email your confirmation number to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
Let’s Get Real
Learn from the experts who have proven track records of bidding and winning Billions in federal sales!
- Find and develop opportunities BEFORE they hit the street
- Develop proactive marketing to get in front of decision makers
- Help federal stakeholders frame the scope of work
- Get on the Shortlist!
- Get SOLE Sources!
Federal Contracting Facts….
- 98% will not hit SAM.gov
- 76% of contracts are competed between 5 or fewer companies*
- 37% of awards have only ONE response*
- 93% of contracts go to companies who proactively market
- 100% of budgeted dollars for 2021 was spent by 9/30/2021
International Perspectives on Nuclear Energy in Green Taxonomy
When: Monday, 28 February 2022
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM CET / 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM EST / 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM MSK
This webinar aims to discuss new policies and current practices of including nuclear energy in the green taxonomy across various countries.
The International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation (IFNEC) provides a forum for cooperation among participating states to explore mutually beneficial approaches to ensure the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The Nuclear Innovation: Clean Energy Future (NICE Future) initiative leads the global conversation on the roles nuclear energy can play in clean energy systems of the future.
State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom is one the global technological leaders. It is a multi-industry holding comprising assets in power engineering, machine engineering and construction, among others.
- Aleshia Duncan, Chair, IFNEC
- Adoración Arnaldos Gonzalvez, Leader of the Women in Nuclear (WiN) Global Group on Nuclear Innovation Initiative
- Alexander Kormishin, Chairman, BRICS Youth Energy Agency
- Erik English, Division of Planning, Information and Knowledge Management, IAEA
- Michel Berthelemy, Nuclear Energy Analyst, Nuclear Energy Agency
- Vladimir Artisyuk, Vice Chair, IFNEC (Moderator)
Advanced Reactors Summit IX & Technology Trailblazers Showcase
When: April 4-7, 2022
Where: Sun Valley, Idaho
Technology and Innovation in Advanced Nuclear Under the auspices of The United States Nuclear Industry Council.
Now in its ninth year, after successive ground-breaking Summits at Argonne National Laboratory, the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Texas A&M University, the University of California San Diego, the University of Tennessee, and a Virtual Summit the Advanced Reactors Summit IX will once again meet in-person to bring leading industry experts, top executives, policymakers, and thought leaders within the nuclear industry together. The AR Summit IX will continue its focus on showcasing technology developers and advancing solutions on the cost and deployment timeframe of advanced reactors, as well as practical ideas and concepts that have the potential of significantly improving advanced reactor design, deployment, and operations.
ADVANCE AGENDA TOPICS
- U.S. Department of Energy Perspective
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Initiatives
- View From the States
- National Laboratory Developments
- 117th Congress Outlook
- International Arena Perspective
- Industry CEO Perspective
- Advanced Reactors Progress And Challenges
- Decarbonization Of The Non-Electric Industry
- Update On European Taxonomy And Financing
- Deployment Of Hydrogen Production At Nuclear Sites
- Advanced Fuel Development & High Assay LEU
- Repowering Of Coal Sites For Advanced Nuclear
- Update On Deployment Of Advanced Nuclear In Europe
- Regulatory Perspective From Canada
- Deployment Of Advanced Nuclear To Meet Ontario Carbon Reduction Goals
- Status Update On The Development Of Advanced Nuclear In The UK
- Customer And Finance Perspectives
- Update On Space and Medical Nuclear Deployment Opportunities
- R&D Update On Advanced Nuclear
- Special Updates & Trailblazers Updates
- And Still More To Come….
Building & Nurturing Your Wolfpack:
Creating Authentic Relationships with Sally White